Wisconsin Road Team Partner: JJ Keller & Associates
Wisconsin Road Team
One of the most successful programs sponsored by the Wisconsin Motor Carriers Association has been the Wisconsin Road Team. Since 1988, the team has provided the WMCA with a proactive approach to highway safety and an opportunity to improve the image of the trucking industry in this state.
The Wisconsin Road Team continues to build upon the successful foundation developed by members of the team in previous years. The program has concentrated in the following areas:
1. Drivers Education Classes - The Road Team makes approximately 205 high school appearances and presentations to about 15,000 students in driver education classes, providing safety tips and explaining how to share the road with large vehicles.
2. Media & the General Public - Wisconsin's Road Team members have granted numerous interviews with the media and have discussed highway safety and the importance of the trucking industry at a variety of conventions, trade shows and civic organizations.
3. Safety Forums - Team members have spoken at safety forums, in-service training sessions for government agencies, drivers meetings, and company safety banquets.
SEEKING PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS
* Articulate, safety-conscious drivers
* Drivers talk about what they know
* About 3-4 times per month
* Flexible schedule - Drivers will do assignments in their region of the state. Over-the-Road drivers can be scheduled according to their work schedule either at the beginning or the end of their trip. Our staff will work with the company and driver to make it work for them.
* Driver and company know the assignments 3-4 weeks in advance.
For more information contact Susan Webb, Safety Program Coordinator
This page last updated: April 3, 2015